Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The competition will be open to all youngsters, aged 5 – 24, living and/or studying in Bodmin and surrounding parishes.
2. There is no entry fee.
3. The competition will open for entries from the 6th September 2021 until midnight on 18th October 2021.
4. There will be four age group categories 5-7 (KS1), 8-11 (KS2), 12-16 years and 17–24 years.
5. Prizes will be awarded to the top three entries in each age group.
6. To keep the project as free from Covid disruption as possible, all entries will consist of a digital image of the original artwork which must be submitted in a digital format via the website at www.bodminbrighterfuture.org. We are unable to accept postal entries or entries in any other form other than as set out herein.
7. Bodmin Rotary Club will be producing merchandise, including a tea towel and prints to be sold to raise funds for the Bodmin Rotary Brighter Future Fund using all or some of the entries received.
8.We will arrange for the originals of the winning entries to be professionally photographed to ensure that the merchandise has access to the best quality image. The original artwork must be held by the entrants on behalf of the Bodmin Rotary Club for three months from the closing date of the competition.
9. The competition themes reflect on Bodmin’s Dark Past and look forward to a Brighter Future. The ‘Beast of Bodmin’ is the theme for the two youngest age groups. Both older age groups will have the choice of ‘Freedom and captivity’ or ‘The Bright Side’. Some materials about the themes, to inspire the entrants, will be available on the website and sent to schools.
10. All entrants under the age of 16 must have the consent of their Parent or Guardian.
11. All copyright of all entries is assigned to Bodmin Rotary Club.
12.All entries must be of the original work of the Entrant. Any entries that are found not to be the work of the Entrant will be disqualified and any prize will be forfeited.
13. Only one entry is allowed per entrant.